A temporary residence permit program in Latvia has been popular for a number of years, and despite recent changes in the immigration legislation, which has made it much more difficult for new applicants to obtain residency in Latvia, the topic is still burning. Law firm INLAT PLUS often receives different questions from foreigners regarding the possibilities of obtaining the residence permit in Latvia, as well as the advantages and rights granted by this status.
In Latvia, dual citizenship is permitted only with the EU and NATO member states. Dual citizenship with other countries is allowed only to descendants of exiles/deported, descendants of Latvians (again, not for all) and persons, who have obtained Latvian citizenship for special merits. In all other cases, dual citizenship with "unauthorized" country is prohibited and entail deprivation of citizenship of Latvia. A person deprived of citizenship, if it was not able to appeal the decision in court, further can restore the citizenship of Latvia only through naturalization.
Slovak Republic is a member of the EU, Eurozone, Schengen area, NATO etc. and has common borders with Poland and Ukraine. Slovak Republic is also a:
- 350 mln of potential buyers within 1,000 km
- Most of the EU states within 2000 km
- Political and economic stability
- Low labor costs as compared to high productivity of highly qualified labor force
- Wide choice of land plots for industrial construction and high number of offices.
- Perfect telecommunication infrastructure
- High quality of railway passenger and freight transportation
- Business advantages of the country with the European legal system
- Access to the European loans with the European interest rates
- Clear and transparent taxation.